Monday, July 6, 2009

1 Day to Surgery - Cold Feet

Vacation was wonderful! Now back to life...

I guess a lifelong commitment to the band is similar to a lifelong commitment to a spouse - hence the "cold feet" reference. Similar to the day before my wedding, I am nervous.

Throughout the day of busy tasks to prepare for surgery, my mind has been absorbed with "What if's?" about tomorrow.

I went for lab work this morning. I was told to arrive 1 & 1/2 hours before surgery. The procedure will only take 1-2 hours, but I will likely stay at the outpatient center for 6 hours. Tonight, I cannot have anything to eat or drink after midnight. I can hardly sleep due to jitters but need to get rest to be at the location tomorrow morning at 6AM!

I dropped the kids off at the grandparents. I love them so much and miss them already. But this way I know they will be tended to while I recover.

I did my last minute shopping ... Gas-X and Jell-o!

I also went to eat Mexican tortilla chips and hot sauce since it will be several weeks before I get to have those again!!!

I pray all goes well. I will post again as soon as I am able...

No comments:

Post a Comment