Sunday, June 21, 2009

15 Days to Surgery - My Husband, Children, & God

When I first started considering this surgery, I began to worry about my husband & children. I worked through that several months ago and I believe this is the best option for the healthiest future for me and my family. But every now and again (like today) I worry about what can go wrong during surgery.

I pray that no matter what happens, my children know that I love them very much. I want to make them proud to have me for Mom. I want to be able to have energy to run and play. I want to be healthy enough to see them graduate from High School & College and get married one day!


I pray that my husband is proud to have me as his wife. I am sure he knows I love him. I want to cook healthier so he & the kids live longer. I don't want to be embarrassed of how obese I've gotten. I never wanted to be the fat Mom/Wife...I thought I would be the cute Mom/Wife. Sometimes I think.. how did this happen?


I wondered if God would approve of the surgery. I know that if the procedure were cosmetic, insurance would not pay for it. There is a huge health risk - a silent and long term killer. I know God wants me to move forward with this or the path would not have been cleared. I pray he protects me and my family and guides the surgeons hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment